Did you know that a cataract is a dense, cloudy area that forms in the lens of the eye? It is one of the most common eye conditions that affects older people.
How Cataract Forms?
A cataract begins when proteins in the eye form clumps and that in turn prevents the lens from sending clear images to the retina. Thus it affects clear vision. Cataracts are known to develop slowly and eventually interfere with the vision. You might end up with cataracts in both eyes, but forming at the same time is not usual.
Common Symptoms of Cataracts Include:
- You may have blurry vision
- You may find it hard to see at night
- You may see colors as faded
- You may have a sudden increase in sensitivity to glare
- You may start seeing halos surrounding lights
- You may have double vision in the affected eye
Causes of Cataracts
There could be many underlying causes for cataract formation. Some of the most common causes are:
- Smoking habit
- Exposed to ultraviolet radiation
- The long-term use of steroids and other medications
How To Diagnose Cataracts?
If you experience troubling symptoms with your vision, it is time to get your eyes checked. Your doctor will perform a comprehensive eye exam to see if there is cataract formation. The doctor will understand the medical history before initiating the diagnosis. This will include an eye chart test to check the vision at different distances along with tonometry to measure your eye pressure.
If you search online with terms such as “eye hospital Vadodara” you will find Narayan Smruti name as one of the best places to get eye checkup done.
As you start seeing symptoms, you need to take precautions and consult a doctor to improve your vision for a while using:
- New glasses.
- Strong bifocals.
- Appropriate lighting or other visual aids.
However, when you have a cataract, you will need eye surgery eventually. Over time cataracts progress and interrupt your daily quality of life. This is why doctors always suggest eye surgery for cataracts.
If you have been looking for an effective way to restore your vision, you should find the right place for cataract surgery in Vadodara.
How to prevent cataracts?
Currently, no proven or known way to stop cataracts from developing. Certain preventive measures can surely help your vision to stay in good condition. Some of the ways to limit cataract risk factors are:
- Always try to wear sunglasses during the day to reduce your eyes’ exposure to the sun’s UV radiation.
- Stop smoking as it can affect your vision and overall health.
- Make sure you eat a healthy and balanced diet and also do some exercise daily.
- One must also keep their diabetes or hypertension in check and manage them with proper lifestyle and medicines.
If you have been experiencing poor vision or need to change your glasses now and then, visit Narayan Smruti for a complete eye checkup.
Patients’ good reviews are the greatest rewards for us. We are glad to be able to provide our patients with excellent service and results.